Saturday, November 20, 2010

sigh...

...the birds have flown.

I knew when I used water soluble glue that this would be an ephemeral artwork, but it still made me a little sad when they washed off. I've saved the birds and I'm going to try the poster glue recipe from the last post so we can have them for a bit longer next time.


On a brighter note... I started a new crochet project. It's been a while!

... and remember Ruby's little heaps of junk from this post? This is her finished photograph. Beautiful, hey?
Inspired by Ruby's spectrum photo, I took this one this morning. I've been working on a bunting commission and have 50 flags waiting to be joined together.


Oh, and those mixed media works that I keep saying are nearly ready to go up on etsy are still on their way! I know, I know... but I'm easily distracted. I have to keep reminding myself that it's perfectly ok to go where my inspiration takes me....
Right now I'm feeling inspired to get the Gocco out of its box again. So there will be some originals in the shop at some stage, but that's all I'm promising ;)

9 comments:

Hazel said...

Wow I'm sad about the birds as they are so beautiful. Love your new throw and the bunting colours are spectacular. x

tinajo said...

It´s at least some poetic beauty of how your birds became free... like a bird..! :-)

Love your colorful projects - I´m chrocheting a blanket I´m heavily in love with myself right now. :-)

Sue said...

I love Rubys spectrum collection, I keep looking around the house seeing what I've got to try it myself!

Karen said...

The bunting is specacular! I just love the tassels you've added to the flags.

Teje said...

Oh so lovely colourful post! Your new crochet project looks fantastic! Birds were so beautiful but always after a while they fly away...
Best wishes Teje

Rett said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! I like the idea that the birds freed themselves :)
Sue - if you give it a try, I'd love to see your photo!
Hazel - unfortunately I'm not feeling patient enough to start the throw just yet, so I'm testing out the colours in a small zigzag project - more pictures soon!

Hooked On Yarn said...

The zig-zags are just gorgeous. Love, love, love the colours!

Ursula Kikoler said...

Lindas cores!

Erin said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog and I love it! I was wondering, what kind of yarn did you use for the bunting flags? Those colors are so great!! And how did you join the tassles to them? I would love to hear from you!

www.erinsplayinghooky.wordpress.com