Sunday, October 17, 2010

favourite things - home

A happy spot of colour. Lots of my crochet projects end up on these three old chairs! The large painting is by local artist Tom Benkendorff.
A little more added to the African Flower blanket.

A teenager growing at a scary rate.
He grew another centimetre since this photo was taken last week!
Waiting impatiently for the Woodford program for 2010/11 to be announced. Recently, we took out a couple of old programs to show a friend who is interested in coming. I think the condition of the program books says more about the festival experience than the content ;)

Had to take a photo of this last week (ignore the baskets of washing waiting to be folded). Ruby is working on a photography project for school, so this is what the lounge room floor looked like for several days until we had to vacuum! Will share her photos when the project is finished.

Yellow and orange, brightening up the overcast days here lately. Above - old china I have collected over the years, and Below - original window film that came with the house. This is above the front door and casts a warm light into our dark hallway.


And last but not least, paper cranes. A few hundred of them are folded and waiting to be hung in my 1000 paper cranes installation, so hopefully I'll have some more photos to share soon!

13 comments:

"Never Knew" said...

Lovely colours, and, as always, beautiful crochet. Thanks for the little wander through your home. :-)

Caz from Never Knew :)

Crafty Mermaid said...

Your african flower blanket is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the update. I'm working on a hexagon one and will have to add this to the ever expanding list!

summerfete said...

Lovely painting.
my favourite thing is buying art.
I love owning something that has been created rather than mass produced.

Lush crochet too!

Clare

Trekky said...

Beautiful photographs. Good luck with the paper cranes!

Maki said...

Aww those cusions are gorgeous! xm

Anne said...

Love all those colors! So bright and fun!

Sue said...

I love your African flower blanket, how are you going to finish the edge, will you make it straight cos if you do I'd like to know how as I'm still trying to work it out! (african flowers waiting in project basket waiting to bloom!)

Min trĂ¥d said...

So much inspiration! Lovely blog!

Raine and Sage said...

I love the first image with the chairs. I think I'd like to have that vibe/style in my house. Also fantastic photo of the cranes. I remember reading Sadako & The 1000 Cranes when I was about 10 and then becoming an origami fanatic! :)
Beautiful photos.

Teje said...

Hello! Your crochet cushions are beautiful! And the flower-blanket is going to be adorable!
Best wishes Teje

Rett said...

Thank you so much for all your comments!
Sue - I think I'll leave the edge naturally uneven. I'm sure there is a pattern for half African Flower hexagons somewhere on the web, though. If I find it, I'll post a link :)

Suzanne said...

What a nice peek into your life. Can't wait to see the final with the paper cranes.

Hazel said...

So much colour. I llove that picure by your local artist. Love it. I love your african flower blanket too. xx