08 May

Q&A

Answering a couple of questions from my last post :)

Melissa - Have emailed you, but will put my reply here too. The paper I am using for the 1000 paper cranes came in a little boxed set, made specifically for that purpose I imagine, as it contained 1000 squares of origami paper plus a few spares. I bought it at my favourite bookstore in Sydney, Kinokuniya, when I was there earlier this year. I could spend a whole day there! Each piece measures only 3 inches square, so the finished cranes are quite tiny. Even so, 1000 will form a curtain approx. 1m deep by 2.5m wide when they are finished!


Audrey (sorry I couldn't reply personally, as I wasn't linked to your blog/email in your comment) - I am in the process of preparing original work for two exhibitions, and if you email me, I can send you more info about the pieces available when those shows open in July. I know I have been talking about it for a very long time, but the etsy store is actually coming very soon now - promise! I have just had some giclee prints done of a few artworks to see how they go, and I'm very happy with the quality and will be getting more done soon. I also hope to be selling some original artwork there, and I have some colourful crochet items and vintage map paper cranes ready to go.

The idea of sorting out the paypal and freight, and making time to keep the shop stocked has been scaring me for while, as I want to be able to do it properly, but I'm feeling in the right frame of mind and think I should probably just jump in and do it!