Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Curating

This morning I was typing a quote into my phone for safe-keeping, and it occured to me that I had accumulated a lot of little idea/inspiration groupings there.  Curated collections, in a way... things I've been reading and listening to and thinking about that go together nicely get written on the same note "page", occasionally with ideas for artworks and links to images. 


One of my favourite things to do with these notes is to use them as inspiration for making etsy treasuries.  I love curating treasuries, but tend not to do it very often because it can take up so much time!  It's such a lovely way to give my thoughts an image, while saying thank you to the wonderful etsy sellers who provide me with inspiration.


You can see this latest treasury here.  I'm in awe of the amazing talent I find on etsy everytime I visit there.   


Snow-quiet, sleep-silent, only the fun-fire faraway songsinging of children; and the room was blue and cold, colder than the cold of fairytales: lie down my heart among the igloo flowers of snow.
Truman Capote, Master Misery

My soul that had fallen asleep in the cold and nearly frozen breathed once more, and sleepily spread its weak and tiny wings.
Herman Hesse, Steppenwolf

How I lived a childhood in snow
And all my teens in tow, stuffed in strata of clothes
Pale the winter days after dark
Wandering the gray memorial park,
A fleeting beating of hearts
The Decemberists, January Hymn

Me, I am always waking up
Ive been stuck here in my body
Holly Throsby, It's only Need

Take these broken wings and learn to fly
The Beatles, Blackbird

1 comment:

Faygie Fellig said...

you are so talented.