15 February

No Geography

I'm back... where did the last few months go? I guess I should be writing my ubiquitous new year's resolution post, but words are eluding me, so I'll start by sharing some of the individual artworks from my exhibition late last year.

No Geography (Sacred Heart)
(8" x8", vintage map papers, Gocco screenprint and handpainted tree)



Much of the inspiration for my artwork comes from what I am reading or listening to at the time. Although I love the idea of keeping a visual journal, I find most of my inspiration in words.


I occasionally sketch out ideas, but mostly when I'm starting a new piece, I'll be rifling through the dog-eared pages of a favourite book or digging around to find the lyrics and literary passages I have written on scraps of paper or typed on various electronic devices.


This piece was inspired by sacred heart imagery and Truman Capote...

The brain may take advice, but not the heart, and love, having no geography, knows no boundaries...