Monday, July 19, 2010

July

Can't believe how quickly the last month has passed. This is what my dining room looked like a few weeks ago. I say "dining room", but for a while it's really been a dumping spot for my projects. While our dining table is away being fixed (the antique table collapsed under the weight of my art and craft supplies, no kidding!), the large expanse of floor is very handy for spreading out little crochet tetris squares and cutting prints and backing boards.
All of the projects (well, most of them...) from the past few months are now completed, and it's a great feeling. I'm looking forward to moving on with other projects that have been on the back burner for a little while... stay tuned :)
The final joining of Tetris Psychedelia's little squares turned out to be a mammoth project. This is how it turned out (not quite 280 squares as I intended, but shhhh... no-one needs to know that!) Once again the streets of Warwick were full of colour and amazing tree jumper artworks: I'll share some festival photos in the next post.
It might have been made to keep a tree warm, but it's now been repurposed as the perfect small blanket for keeping warm under while watching tv on these cold nights. Just need to work out what kind of edging it needs.

Jazz up your Nest was a beautiful exhibition - I'm so pleased and proud to have been part of it! Sue of Fledge Design did a wonderful job of once again transforming her office into a gallery space and curating this show so perfectly. I'm very excited to have sold a number of my original works and prints. Here are a few of the latest little tree paintings.

14 comments:

Amarylise said...

just beautiful Rhett, those trees are gorgeous, one day one will be mine!!

sylviesgarden said...

Oh my giddy aunt! I have been a admirer of your paintings for a while now but when I saw your blanket it took my breath away. It is fabulous.
x

Kar said...

I just love how everything you make is so colorful and cheery. So pretty!

Gumnut said...

You finished it! Yay, congrats! Lovely colours.

And, of course, your tree paintings are wonderful. In fact, I was thinking of you today when I bought myself a new stash of oil pastels :D They are now sitting happily on my art desk in their unopened rainbow-arranged goodness. There is something wonderful about brand new colour-sorted art supplies, like the first page in a new sketchbook. Prettiness or potential?

And I'm rambling, sorry, just spent an hour settling Bubs into sleep and my brain is fried.

So, yes, I'm still adoring your work. Keep it up, I would love to see more :D

Nutty
(sometimes moreso than others)

Maria said...

Amazing tetris blanket - stunning
I have been admiring your tree paintings for a while, the colour mixes are very appealing

yogiela said...

Georgeous your Tetris planket!!!

Nic Hohn said...

So glad you get to repurpose your beautiful blanket...and I never get tired of seeing your rainbow trees.

Maki said...

Wow stunning work! I Love the colourful blanket, it has turned out beautifully! thanks for showing. xm

tinajo said...

Hi there,

first time visitor and feel the urge to tell you that you have a lovely, colorful and creative blog!

Will be back MANY times, greetings from Sweden! :-)

Alexandra said...

What a beautiful blanket! Absolutely wonderful colours!!!

Suzanne said...

What beautiful colors. That sounds like a smart way to do it -- lay it out all over the floor.

Kids craft ideas said...

Creative crafter! i like your blog. thanks for sharing.

Renée Smits said...

Beautiful! :D Had a big big shawl in mind and now I know just what it needs ;) What stitch did you use to connect all the squares, cause I seriously dig those ridges. Pretty new to crochet and granny's, have only been working on one big blanket that's basicly a round and round, so I'll appreciate the hint/tips/advise/howto ;) In any case: thanks for the inspiration!

sue said...

Love that blanket so pretty, would be gorgeous to snuggle under!