Sunday, January 17, 2010

Twenty-ten

is shaping up to be a great year, and already going way too fast!

Artists and Crafters of all sorts out there will be familiar with the question, "How do you find the time?", or the more annoying statement, "How nice it must be to have time to do that". Somehow it feels like I am creating more time when I am creating something with my hands. It makes me realise that I do have time - just waiting to be utilised - while I'm having a morning cup of coffee on the verandah, or while I'm watching something on tv just before bed.

If 2009 was the year I kept my hands busy with crochet, this year could well be the year of the paper crane. 1000 of them to be exact.


Here is what 100 looks like. I'm way ahead of schedule so far!


10 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow Rett they look fantastic, i cant wait to see what 1000 looks like.

ChiLLi said...

they look awesome!!

ZoiHoku said...

Last year, I made 100 cranes for my sweetie and sent them to him for the day we had been apart for 100 days while he was in Iraq. I used cardstock...not recommended...they did not turn out as pretty! Love yours! Can't wait to see how this progreses!

Diane said...

Those questions!!!! Phrrrt.
I like your thought - creating time. Bonzer.
Those cranes look ABSOLUTELY stunning. Love them lots. I'm a sucker for anything arranged in rainbowish order.

rojalka said...

Very beautiful!!

Moira said...

Oh, busy busy. They look fab, but I'm sure that 1000 will be jaw dropping! Enjoy...

R said...

They look great Rett.

I just popped by to say Happy Brthday!

Kate M said...

love this Loretta! my Georgia got an origami book for Christmas & because it didn't have cranes in it [just assumed it would!] I went & bought another! so origami will definitely feature in our house too this year. maybe we'll do a mixed zoo?!
must admit i get the 'how do you fit it all in....' question alot which makes me feel somewhat guilty even though i stay up until the wee hours just to get me [creating] time.
i hope the cranes bring you much luck & all your wishes for the coming year are granted.
kate m xo

Maria said...

The cranes are amazing, love the colours

Rebekka said...

Purty!!! I love how they look with the rainbow colours.