I finished the Babette blanket! It took 2 months to make, and I am pleased to be finished, and to know that I can complete a larger crochet project, instead of stashing it in the cupboard for years. It's lovely and warm, and now that the nights are cooling off I have fallen asleep under it while watching TV a few times...
When it was finished I used the Babette inspiration to make this pillow for Ruby in bamboo and cotton yarns - blatantly rainbow, and so much fun to make! It measures about 60cm square, and is backed with turquoise corduroy. Max has requested one also, so I'll share pictures of it soon.
I can finally share some results from the screenprinting course I have been doing. Apart from Gocco, I haven't done any screenprinting for many, many years. We went right back to basics with making our own screens and cutting stencils the old fashioned way, so I was excited this week to actually get down to the messy business of pulling prints. I still have a lot to learn about blends and heaps of work to do on my pulling technique, but I'm quite happy with the result. This one is a test print on cartridge paper, and measures approx 34cm square.
I think I may have been doing too much graphic design recently, as my artwork ended up looking quite a lot like a logo! I'm going to experiment with printing on fabric, and do some prints on better quality paper, maybe adding some machine stitching and other embellishment to "un-logo-ise" it a bit.
Speaking of printmaking, I have an article coming up in the next Scrapbook Creations magazine (due out in the next week or so I think) showing some easy printmaking ideas you can use in scrapbook layouts. I'll be back to share some pictures of some of them after the mag is out.
And although he's not a project, I have to mention Andrew Bird - my new music obsession. You can check him out below :)