Saturday, February 14, 2009

this is how it works...

I now have over 1000 songs on the new ipod, and yesterday I couldn't find anything that I wanted to listen to.

I tried listening to all the songs that started with a particular word. So far I think "don't" and "I" are the most popular, with "all" not far behind. Just reading the song titles was amusing for a while:

Don't be Howling - Holly Throsby
Don't Change (INXS cover) - The Audreys
Don't Dream it's Over - Crowded House
Don't Ever - Missy Higgins
Don't Go - The Ellis Collective
Don't Let Go - Kate Miller-Heidke
Don't Look so Sad - Kasey Chambers
Don't Panic - Coldplay
Don't Think Twice, it's All Right - Bob Dylan
Don't Think Twice, it's Alright - The Waifs
Don't Wait Up - Colin Hay
Don't Walk Alone - Bob Evans
Don't Wanna Let you Down - Josh Pyke
Don't you Think it's Time - Bob Evans

Then I went looking on itunes for just what I felt like listening to - and found this song that I hadn't heard for a little while and had almost forgotton. Regina Spektor's On the Radio.

No, this is how it works
You peer inside yourself
You take the things you like
And try to love the things you took
And then you take that love you made
And stick it into some
Someone else's heart
Pumping someone else's blood
And walking arm in arm
You hope it don't get harmed
But even if it does
You'll just do it all again

... and I think that pretty much sums it up :)

1 comment:

Busybel said...

Loved this post Loretta! "On the Radio" is one of my fav songs - very inspiring for a page of creativity.
I love your crochet too - awesome colours