Sunday, February 15, 2009

Babette-ish


Babette progress, originally uploaded by rettgrayson.

My latest crochet project. The pattern is the "Babette Blanket" by Kathy Merrick, originally published in Interweave Crochet magazine. I was inspired by all the beautiful blankets in the flickr Babette group pool, so I decided to give it a try. You can see its progress in my flickr photostream.

I started out with a very conservative collection of reds, oranges and neutrals, but my short attention span couldn't cope with that :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth Munro said...

Oh this is stunning!!! my mum is making me round ones at the moment... I wish I could crochet!!

Peta's page said...

i wish i could crochet!! my hands just suffer too much! good luck

Serene Ho said...

Love the color combination! Great job!