Wednesday, January 28, 2009

picture this

Blondie in my headphones this morning, and some pictures to share....

Granny squares in cotton yarn. They may become a scarf, I'm not sure yet.

Mindy of Blueyedezines asked me to make a few projects to take to CHA, using her new felt range. She has some beautiful new products.

I cut apart a felt frame to create the clouds here, and embellished the layout with some mosaic mirror pieces.


All the felt products are self-adhesive, which made these projects quick and easy to put together.


I used the other half of the felt frame to create texture on the tree.


A few sets of 6x6 greeting cards. 2 general purpose cards, 2 Valentine cards and 2 little girl birthday cards.




Ngaire has shared some beautiful projects using these felt products on her blog - you can check them out here.


Some photos from home. New Hero and Leander bead art, hanging in my kitchen window.


You can see the reflection of a lightshade in the window. Pete and I are definitely of the "we'll get around to it one day" school of decorating. We've had a bare lightbulb hanging in our kitchen for 15 years, and finally got around to fitting it with an old shade to match the others in our living area. I love the art deco designs of these.


Things were busy late last year, and I didn't get around to taming the snail vine on our side verandah. By the time I did get a chance, I had grown quite attached to the little jungle out there, so I left it to do its own thing. Never mind that I can't move the furniture now. I love this vine. If you sat on the verandah for long enough, I'm sure you could watch it grow. Fortunately we get cold frosty winters here, so each year it dies off to let the sunshine in when we need it, and comes up again the next summer.




4 comments:

Ngaire Bartlam said...

Oh they all look great rett.. BUT I have to ask .. WHERE did you get the rainbow peace dove.. OMG!!! It is PERFECT! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.:))

Ngai
xx

Leanne Stamatellos said...

wow - this is just the hugest post for you Loretta and I love it all - thanks for sharing these beautiful creations with the felt.

And a special happy birthday to you - looking good!

Kath, Mark, Ruby and Max. said...

hi Loretta,
I love the felt and adore your designs, as always. Beautiful work.

I'm a big fan of letting plants run amok too. :)

JafaBrit's Art said...

I popped by way of your flickr page :). I like your granny squares. I have been itching to pick up the crochet hook but can't remember how the heck to do it LOL! I used to crochet like mad when I was a teen.

I like how you made the cards and used the adhesive felt pieces, design wise they are really nice.