Saturday, January 17, 2009

more paper stars and other stuff






Some projects to share. The stars above were a Two Peas Christmas project - you can read more about them here.

I created this set of 5x7 postcards for a "Who's Who" feature in Scrapbook Creations last year.

Red Earth. With some of my favourite vintage buttons.


Blue Hand. The hand is a plastic henna stencil, painted with Luminarte Radiant Rain to give it a shimmery finish.


Red Moon. I sprayed Glimmermist on the chipboard leaves, which is a bit hard to see in the photos.

White Wind. The wind/clouds and grass are oil pastel, with scratched patterns. The blue cloud shapes in the postcard above were also done with this technique. I always spray my oil pastels with matte picture varnish before including them in a piece, as they can be very messy otherwise!


This little book is from this month's magazine. The front and back covers are made from the tree trading card chipboards designed by Petrina. I love that both the tree shapes and the negative shapes are so useful.

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

These are such beautiful projects, I really love the way you use patterned paper, you really inspire me :) thanks for sharing!

Serene Ho said...

Very nice projects. You have very good techniques.

salisburymob said...

oh wow these are just divine! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Petrina McDonald said...

thanks for the link Loretta - I love what you did with my tree cards :)

Gigi said...

absolutely gorgeous projects!

Chris Millar said...

Hi Rett, Such gorgeous projects here! Love those paper stars - my daughter has a light shade the same. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas break!

Mimiey FY said...

ur works has truly inspired me alot..im gonna buy a sewing machine myself to things like u do.......thanks for the inspiring artworks...