Monday, January 26, 2009

41

that would be me :)

I celebrated my birthday on Sunday. Can't say it was as exciting as turning 40 last year, and next year's 42 will be a much cooler age, but it was all good. Pete and the kids gave me an Ipod Touch, which I am having a lot of fun with, and one of our friends who is a singer/songwriter conspired with other friends and family to record a song for me! Loretta, originally recorded by Townes Van Zandt - with a few lyric changes of course. It was simultaneously sweet, thoughtful, flattering, embarrassing and slightly annoying - as everyone kept abandoning me to go and conspire..lol..

Not being a country music fan, I had never heard the song before - and I must say that it's a lovely song, and also very nice to have lyrics to associate with my name that are not from the Beatle's Get Back:

Sweet loretta martin thought she was a woman
But she was another man
All the girls around her say she's got it coming
But she gets it while she can

Speaking of lyrics, if you are a fan of the soundtrack of the musical Hair, did you know that this

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars

will actually happen on Feb 14 this year? Let's hope that this bit goes along with it...

Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars


Ok, three red wines and a blog post might not be the best idea. See you in a couple of days :)

Oh, and happy back to school for tomorrow! Here's my highschooler, starting a new adventure tomorrow, but still not too old to snuggle with cats, fortunately.

5 comments:

Petrina McDonald said...

LOL! at you blogging after 3 glasses of red!!! I thought I would comment now so that you don't come back here and read your post tomorrow and decided to delete it ;-)
Happy Birthday for Sunday. And good luck to your big high school boy for tomorrow.

Serene Ho said...

Happy Birthday Loretta! May you have abundance of blessings!

Serene of Singapore

Ngaire Bartlam said...

Happiest of happies to you my dear friend. LMK when yOu are next in Brissie.. so we can do lunch.
Bliss to you,
ngai
x

Anonymous said...

Aww sorry I missed your birthday. Hope it was a fun day.

As for the moon and jupiter and mars (how could I resist?)...not sure about this month will have to check the books, lol, but it happened back in Dec 07 too.

Can't believe Nick is in high school.

Jenix

Kath, Mark, Ruby and Max. said...

Happy Birthday Loretta! Wishing you all things fabulous this year.

I recently turned 43. And you know what? I think I did discover the Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything when I was 42 - although it wasn't quite what I was expecting. ;)

Hope all your kids are happy to be back at school. :)