Sunday, December 14, 2008

it's been a while...

...but did I ever mention that I quite often write up a blog post, but then choose for various reasons to not publish it? I think that might officially excuse me for long pauses between posts ;-) As reluctant as I was to get into blogging initially, I have found that it's a great way to remember things. Especially as, apart from the scrapbooks, I don't keep a journal anymore.

And a fair bit of this journalling lies in those unpublished posts, as I tend to censor myself a little too much here on the internet. They're fun to go back and read, though!

Well, it's the end of the year again, and time for my usual crisis-of-self-evaluation/re-shuffling-of-priorities. In the words of Green Day, time has grabbed me by the wrist and directed me where to go. And for the time being that direction is taking me away from the "work" side of scrapbooking.

In the last couple of weeks I have said goodbye to the Two Peas design team, the cherryArte design team, and to my regular feature in Scrapbook Creations. I have thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated all of these positions, and would like to once again thank everyone involved for giving me those opportunities. You (and you know who you are!) have all been wonderful to work with, and I've had the best of times over the last few years.

So... 2009 looms with no creative deadlines and no obligations to use any particular products in my work, and it's quite exciting! Lately, I'd been finding that I had developed an aversion to collecting new products while so many of the old ones sat unused. Which is not good, when one is required to showcase the latest and greatest! And I've been using "the last minute" as my motivation more than is reasonable. So it will be good to have a break. And it might be fun to have some spare hours to devote to other creative pursuits.

I have loved the teaching opportunities I have been given this year, so I'll just put it out there now that I'm still more than happy to take on some teaching engagements. If you are looking for someone willing to travel to Barcelona, Paris or San Francisco to teach for you, I'll be there ;-) Of course, places closer to home are fine, too :-)

Now, because this post needs pictures:

A light shade for a friend. Made with paper and coloured vellums, machine stitched.


If I don't get back here before Christmas, peace and joy to you and your families!

3 comments:

Leanne Stamatellos said...

What sad news about your departure from all these commitments - when I say sad, I completely understand your reasons for doing so and I wish you the best with all opportunities that come your way. What a huge decision this must have been. As for travelling overseas, it would not be right if you travelled alone and I would feel better if I accompanied you on any and all of your excursions. Maybe 2 aussie scrappers for the price of one - mmm ?

amber jane said...

The light shade is beautiful and I hope you have a lovely holiday season and a peaceful new year :)I for one miss your posts on your blog but it is always a pleasure when they appear.

Ohio Artful Yogi said...

Hey, it's been a while again. Post some pics and stff! :)
Loretta in Ohio