Thursday, June 12, 2008

checking in.....

..briefly, before I go away again. I've just come back from the Scrapbook Expo in Brisbane, which was followed by Max having dental work done in Brisbane under a general anaesthetic. Fortunately everything went ok. Just before going away last week all three children were involved in a J-Rock performance with their school (the junior version of Rock Eisteddfod), and they had some more performances to do today, so it's been a busy time for everyone around here!

Anyway, so now we are all thoroughly exhausted, and heading off tomorrow for a few days in Byron Bay, where we will do very little. The only activity planned is an Angus and Julia Stone concert at the Byron Community Centre on Saturday night.
I had a great time at the Expo. It was busy, but there were plenty of opportunities to catch up with friends I don't see very often, and meet lots of lovely new people. I'm sorry I didn't post the sneak peeks I promised before going, as I had no internet or phone for a week before I went away.
Here are the class projects. My class had the option of completing one of three projects - a choice of two slightly different 8.5 x 11 paper quilts for framing, or a 12x12 layout with photos. I have already received pictures of finished layouts from some of the students, so if you did the class - please send me an image of your finished layout, and when I get back home next week I'll put them up here in a slide show when I write a proper post.
A very big thank you to the generous sponsors of my class kits - cherryArte (patterned papers and rub-ons), Collections (chipboard leaves/branches and butterflies, patterned papers), Birch (paint, brushes, glues, thread, buttons, sequins), Kidston Craft (Prismatics cardstock) and Husqvarna Viking who loaned us sewing machines to use.


See you soon!

8 comments:

jan said...

Thankyou so much (once again) for such a fantastic class on Monday Loretta. I really loved doing your layout and learning some of how you put together your beautiful work. Thanks for sharing with us.

Nae said...

Hey Loretta,
Thanks for a fabulous class. It was so much fun, even if I did break the sewing machine lol (sewing machines hate me). Had a great time learnt heaps of new techniques. I cant wait to finnish it. It was a pleasure meeting you. Thanks again. Have a fantastic time in Byron. Its so beautiful there.
Love always,
Nae xoxoxo

Penny said...

Your class was just awesome Loretta! It was great meeting you. Finished my page yesterday, so look out for it in your in box! Have a lovely well deserved rest....

Anonymous said...

Your work is so inspiring as always. When are you coming to do a class down Sydney way. I would love to do one! I made my first card with paper piecing the other day inspired by your work. Everyone was very impressed but I had to give kudo's to you and referred them to your blog to see your beautiful work. Have a lovely break in Byron.

Karan

Ruth said...

i just want to thank you for your class in brisbane too. i was the one with a very worried stunned expression on my face..lol..I'm not much use with sewing machines at all but I really love the effect on pages. So I gave it a go. And i'm so glad I did your classs as your work is always inspiring and it was great to see how you put it all together.

Kathy said...

beautiful. I love your work. I have never seen pages so original, creative and beautiful. WOW

Loreluca said...

I can't even remember how did I get to your page, but I'm so glad I did! You are truly a "one and only". I've never seen work like yours! Such a shame that I live so far away! Otherwise, I'd be one of your "groupies", going to every class you teach. You really are very, very good!
Lots of hugs from Montgomery, IL, USA

TiteC said...

I love LOs without photos...
but never managed to do one !!


xxx from France (and from KDD blog party !!! lol)
Sophie