Saturday, May 17, 2008

seasons

I love living in a place where we can observe the passing of the seasons. While I sit and type this, the last of the red leaves on the flowering pear tree outside the kitchen window are falling to the ground. I never rake leaves - I love crunching through them in autumn. Yesterday the kids had friends over, and there were enough leaves to make a huge pile and bury each other in them. I really should have taken a photo!

This little piece was inspired by the seasons, and is up now in the Two Peas mid-month garden. The theme this month is "Use your Stash", so I dug out lots of Basic Grey papers, letters and chipboard to use, and used the same tree templates as my NSD class. You can read more about it here.


I'm looking forward to teaching in Brisbane in a few weeks - my class is an art quilt/paper-piecing type of project, along the lines of the projects I've been sharing here. Saturday and Sunday's classes are sold out, but there are spots on Monday still available. Hope to have some sneak peeks for you soon - when I stop changing my mind about colours!

5 comments:

Figs said...

Hi Loretta

I absolutely adore the layout. I am coming to your class in Brisbane and can't wait. I love the quilt style to your work and never can seem to quite get it right myself. If we want to bring a photo to the class any hints on what would be an appropriate theme?
Fiona

Louise said...

Oooh I cant wait until Brisbane either!!! Im booked and so so so cant wait to do your class! :) :)

Lou :)

Nae said...

Oh Loretta your layouts are fantabulous. I absolutely adore them. This one is no exception. I actually scraplifted one of your layouts that I found in SC. Hope you dont mind. I linked you from my blog.

Im also a lucky girl who has booked a class with you. Im so so so super excited about this class.

Thanks for the continuous inspiration.
Renae

Anonymous said...

I tried looking at this layout on 2peas and it wouldn;t let me - so glad you have close ups on your blog - simply stunning!


www.leannestamatellos.blogspot.com

Leanne Stamatellos

Sonia said...

Love this page... great job!