Thursday, February 21, 2008

woodgrain

I have a bit of an obsession with this pattern lately - nearly every project has some Hambly woodgrain on it. Maybe I should have kept some of Mum and Dad's old 70's wallpaper when they did up their kitchen last year?

This is a gift I made for Juanita, for her birthday back in January. It's in the two peas garden, as part of a paper-piecing article, and you can read more about it there.



Speaking of pretty papers, cherryArte's suite 7 turned up this week - very nice! You can see them here.

ok, thought I had something else I was going to mention, but I've forgotten now.

Well, at least I showed up ;-)

6 comments:

gabriella said...

these pieces are stunning! I love your use of PP and incorporation textural elements. i always look forward to your next creation...very inspiring!

susan j said...

Another stunning creation Loretta!! I bet Juanita loved this!

I am loving the Hambly woodgrain too!! It seems to be everywhere lately!!

Louly said...

Wow! What a very talented lady you are! Thank you so much for showing us you inspirational works of art.

Jane said...

Hi I love your woodgrain LO
I am a team member of an inspiration blog and I would like to showcase your creation. You can visit the blog at http://inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com/ We feature inspirational creations from around the world and would like to feature yours! The post will include a link to your blog and you are welcome to pick up an award banner at our blog as well! Please contact
kasp767982@hotmail.com with your permission. Many thanks

Julie said...

Oh WOW I just saw this on the Inspirational blog and it is absolutely stunning!!!

***Paola*** said...

Just beautiful!