Tuesday, October 16, 2007

woohoo. my 100th blog post.

how could I be such a slack blogger and still get to 100 posts? I just noticed when I was writing this one, that I had written 99 posts. I'm sure not all of them have actually been published, there seem to be quite a few still sitting in drafts. Maybe one day I'll publish them and do a kind of blogbloopers. Or maybe not....

Ruby and I had a lovely girls day out in Brisbane on Saturday. She's fun to go shopping with - at the age of 9 (and three quarters as I'm often reminded), one of her favourite things is op-shopping, so our first stop was the St Vinnies in Brunswick St. Then the next request was for sushi, so we found a little sushi train place for lunch. Delicious, although I had to stop her from grabbing everything that chugged past.
Kate Miller-Heidke was brilliant. In concert she is even quirkier - she seems to tone down the silliness and her amazing operatic voice a little in her recordings. And I have never been a John Farnham fan, but she did only one cover version on the day and that was "You're the Voice", and now I think I might love that song. Well, Kate's version, anyway.

This is how I spent the better part of my Sunday. Katja sent me one of her Designing Memories kits so I could do a few things for her gallery. It's a great kit - she has an eye for putting products together, a really beautiful and eclectic mix.

The quote is from Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey:

May your walls know joy;
May every room hold laughter
and every window open to great possibility


The only thing not from the kit is the little jump ring I used for the window blind pull. My absolute favourite part of the kit are the Maya Road sheer swirls I used for clouds. In fact, when I opened the box the first thing I did was arrange them in cloud formations, so I had to create the page around them :-)

I also made this page with the kit, with a favourite old photo of one of my sisters,


and I'm working on a card or two as well (but they're not quite finished yet), so I'll be back with them later!

8 comments:

Tammy James said...

Hi Rett,
Oh I really love what you have created here. The piece with the little house is so cute and the quote just perfect TFS

ngaire Bartlam said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! this piece of art!.. and the window with the shade is too perfect!.
LOVE this Rett.
stunning work as always!

Ngai
xxx

Ann Lederhose said...

Oooh, fabulous stuff Rett. Love that little house scene. Too cute!

Petrina McDonald said...

Well Katja has all the right moves with the products but you sure have got the talent to know what to do with it Loretta! I think I might just have to look into those swirls - they would make fantastic waves too ;-)

When I take my daughter op-shopping we come home with all sorts of fab stuff - it is fun, isn't it?

Love, P

Suzanne Tonga said...

Oh Loretta, you make me want to run to my scrap desk! Your creations are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Sue.

Leanne Stamatellos said...

Truly beautiful - Katya must love what you did for her - this is great!
You have such a thing for clouds - very cool Loretta!

Deb G said...

ooooRett!!I sooo love this with all my heart!!! Gorgeous!!!!Congratulations on 100 posts Woohoo!!!

Rekindled Moments said...

Dear Ms. Rett,

love your works! Congratulationson your 100th blog post. Could we invite you to judge for our 1st CherryArte Challenge for the month of November? Can you give me your email address or private message me at merryjanelim@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Jane