Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Convention, part 2 - the projects

Thanks to everyone who has been sending me class projects. These were the projects we did in the "Cutting Edge" class. This class was all about sharing ideas, techniques and tips, and everyone could choose if they wanted to create a background for a layout (and add their photos later), a small photoless layout, a set of cards, photo frame, etc... It was fun to see the different directions each person took. All the papers and rub-ons in the kits were supplied by cherryArte, and we also had sponsorship from Birch, Remember When and Maria George sequins.

Here are the projects I took to the class:

(mini book in the photo above is from the other class - more piccies of that one soon!)
(little frame to hold a 6x4 photo, and yes that is quilling..lol)


(this one is an 8x8 layout. Made a mistake with the quote - shouldn't be a "to" before "teach". The sparkly stuff on the sunrays is Jo Sonja's Opal Dust - love that stuff)


And here are the beautiful pages that some of the girls in the classes created. I love how they all started with the same idea, but everyone has added their own unique touches.

Ann Lederhose


Petrina McDonald


Deb Godley


Chris Millar


Michelle Grant

Briohny Cuskelly
(this isn't a layout from the class, but was inspired by the class.Hope you don't mind me sharing it, Briohny!)

And the layout below is what I did with my 12x12 layout background when I got home. It's for Ngaire's beautiful blog. To read more about her idea, check out the first post on the blog. Thank you Ngaire for coming up with this wonderful idea - you are an inspiration, and genuinely beautiful, inside and out :-) We should all be celebrating our own true beauty in a world where beauty is often such a shallow concept.


My journaling reads: "On a day-to-day basis I don't worry about what I look like. I have a face that resembles the family I love. I have lines and grey hairs that tell the story of 39 years of life experiences. I have an imperfect body that reminds me of the three precious children I gave birth to, and of how fortunate I am to lead a full and active life.
So when it came to taking the dreaded "profile shot" recently, why did I choose the dull, expressionless one? The black and white one? That's not me. I'm not neat, elegant or serene, as that photo might suggest. I'm messy, often silly, and a little hyperactive. I love meeting people, and I'll give you a smile without giving a passing thought to my laugh lines or crooked teeth. That's the real me, shining through from the inside. In beautiful technicolour."


8 comments:

I Scrap therefore I am said...

Thank you for sharing everyone's layouts Loretta - it is so good to see what everyone else did with your idea and how their layouts were completed when they got home. I am seeing "sun ray" layouts popping up everywhere - your influence has been spreading far and wide!
:) Petrina
ps. LOVE your "beautiful" layout!

Ann Lederhose said...

Great to see all the LOs from the class and how very diverse they are! It was a great class so no wonder it yielded so many great LOs!

jilly said...

WOWSERS! I love seeing all the Rett inspired work. You give such freedom to everyone!
xxJillGG

Chris Millar said...

How cool do all these look??!! Each of them a little different! Hope you are well Rett!

Princess Lu the Scatterbrained said...

Hi Rett!!! I didn't get a chance to say hi at the convention - you were seriously busy and I didn't want to pester you but I did ask Ngaire to pass on my hello. I just love your work, so distinctive and so beautiful, and more importantly, very you! Hope you're keeping well and I love to pop in and see what you've been creating. Take care, Lu

deb said...

so inspiring.. love your blog!

Michelle G said...

These are all awesome Rett!!! Must have been a good teacher hey!!!!
Loved your class & love your work!! Thanks Again babe!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous stuff, Rett! Wish I could have been there - I enjoyed hanging out with 'the girls' last year. Really did. Hope you and your beautiful family are all well and happy.

Donna xx