Sunday, June 03, 2007

Convention sneak peeks - finally!

Here they are!

I'm excited about these classes next weekend, they should be lots of fun! The first one is a little mini book - I never seem to have the right ready made one when I need it, so for this class we will be learning how to making a stylish and neatly-finished little book which can hold six 3"x4" photos, and has pockets for holding journaling tags. All made from just one sheet of patterned paper! I've been having fun making heaps of these in different colourways - they're so cute! I've chosen a theme for this book, but you can do something completely different with yours if you like, and you'll be able to go away with the skills to make these for lots of different purposes and occasions.


Heidi Grace has supplied generous kits with way more than we need - lots left over for other projects :-)

Here's the blurb from the website:

9.30am to 11.30am (Sat 9, Sun 10, Mon 11 June)

The Stuff My Life is Made of…

Session sponsored by Heidi Grace

Do you have special objects around your home that you can never part with because of the memories they hold? We will be telling the story of these items in this little album. Using beautiful Heidi Grace products create a keepsake in a warm and nostalgic style that you and your family will treasure.

Bring along your Expo Toolkit plus a fine black journaling pen. Everything else you need for this project will be supplied.Photos required: at least six photos of special things around your home, which hold special memories. Photos need to be able to be cropped to no larger than 4 inch x 3 inch and can be black and white or colour.

Suits intermediate skill level


The second class is called "The Cutting Edge", and will consist of lots of what I am loving to do in my own scrapbooking at the moment. This isn't at all a "let's all copy this layout" kind of class! You can choose whether to create a layout, picture frame, set of cards or even some ATCs or a collage to frame for your wall! cherryArte has generously supplied all the papers and rub-ons, and we have cardstock from Bazzill, Birch buttons and sequins from Maria George - a kit full of all of my favourite things!

Here's the info:

12pm to 2pm (Sat 9, Sun 10, Mon 11 June)

The Cutting Edge

Session sponsored by cherryArte

We've collaged, distressed and cut out our patterned papers. What's left to do? Using fresh and colourful cherryArte products, learn exciting and new techniques to enhance your layouts, cards and other creations, using patterned papers. Produce a fun and arty item of your choice - scrapbook page borders, a set of greeting cards, a photo frame or artist trading cards.
Bring along your Expo Toolkit plus a fine black pen, black sewing machine thread, white sewing machine thread and a small bottle of PVA glue. Everything else you need for this project will be supplied.


Suits advanced skill level


If you have any questions about either of the classes, please feel free to email me at rettgrayson@yahoo.com

And if you are going to be at the convention, make sure you stop by and say hello :-)

9 comments:

random thoughts said...

I can not wait to do your classes Loretta! Thanks for the sneak peak.

Rachelle said...

the sneak peeks look awesome rett!!
wish i could be there to take your classes. have fun!

Jeni O'Connor said...

Good luck Rett.

I'me sure it will be fabulous.

Wish I was there,
Jeni

I Scrap therefore I am said...

me too!
P.

Lusi Austin :) said...

hi rett! sorry its been so long.
your sneak peeks look fabulous! wish i could be there! one day maybe....
have a ball!
Lus x

Rebecca said...

Have a fab time. I am sure you will.

Congrats on the layout on the multi photo layout blog.

Rebecca

Giovanna Scott said...

Looking forward to the class on Sunday. Can't wait to throw myself into something new!!!

Chris Millar said...

Can't wait to do your class tomorrow Rett!!!

Kath, Mark, Ruby and Max. said...

hi Loretta, I really enjoyed doing your class yesterday. I finished my little album off last night and am about to get started on another, this time for my 4yo daughter - Ruby.

I wish I could have done your other class.

Hope to see you next year!

peace and love, kathryn