Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Easter

from our family to yours.

(next year, must try to remember to take photos before the kids are too high on sugar)

Here are the cards I made with the Ganesha kit from Ruby St Designs. I had so much fun with it - Kris certainly has a talent for putting beautiful kits together.

You can see close ups of the individual cards in the gallery.

This is one of my favourites - I've had this verse from an ee cummings poem in my head for a while, since hearing it in the film In Her Shoes. It's so beautiful.

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

Finding the words for that poem led me to find these lines, also from ee cummings, which I used on this layout for Blue Bazaar this week:

i'd rather learn from one bird how to sing
than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance
Enjoy the school holidays, and safe travelling if you are away from home. We plan to stay here, in our pyjamas for as much of the time as possible. There is a tent pitched in the backyard, but so far no-one has spent the night out there!

5 comments:

ngaire Bartlam said...

OOOOOOH I LOVE the bird quote!!!
that layout is Totally wonderful!~

Ngai
x

Mel Diener said...

Your work is always so beautiful and inspiring Rett.

lol..I have the same plans for the holidays, but I have another week before I can lounge around.

Leanne Ryan said...

Great pics of the kids Rett. Hope you had a great Easter too.

Coby said...

Hi Loretta

I hope that you had a lovely Easter.

Your cards for Ruby St Designs are so beautiful that they took my breath away.

Love Coby

Judy said...

Wow Rett those cards are really something. And the lo is just great, love the little birdie that you stitched in.