Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday morning

and it's all back to normal around here, well as normal as it ever gets. I've had a busy month with the peace festival, and I'll post some pictures from that soon.

I'm a glamour girl! Guest glamour girl for Ruby St Designs that is... and those who know me in real life will know that is most likely the only time I will ever be described that way. So I might as well make the most of it! I have the most wonderful cardmaking kit called Ganesha to play with, so stay tuned for the results soon.


This monster...
is Pete's birthday present. We thought it was funny that it had "compact hi-fi system" printed on the box. Not exactly compact by today's standards, but very exciting anyway - this thing will enable us to record our old vinyl albums onto CDs :-)


Remember a little while back I said I was going through a bit of a no-photo stage? Here's some evidence:


a layout I did for Blue Bazaar a while back, using my stamps - can't remember if I
posted it here or not:




Set of cards from last month's For Keeps, using Scenic Route papers:






From this months Scrapbook Creations, the embarrassing tales of my
childhood sleepwalking adventures:



And another one from Scrapbook Creations, inspired by a scene from the Simpsons in which Homer is using reverse psychology on himself (not that I would do that):




From For Keeps - love how this one was photographed in the magazine:



and the latest ATC sets, first two are a part of the night clouds series I started a little while ago, using oil pastels:




And this one - sad, but true:

A big thanks again to everyone who comments here - I always intend to reply to everyone individually, then either run out of time or I don't have your email addresses. But I do appreciate every comment - and thank you to those who are sending suggestions for alternative etsy store names. And in reply to Marina, who asked how I do my stitching - I have heard that free form stitching is easier if you drop the feed dogs, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't read the manual for my sewing machine to learn how to do that yet! So the sewing on my layouts and cards is just done the usual way.
Thanks to Ngai for trading ATCs with me - I love them! I have added them to the pile of wonderful ATCs I now have as a result of the trading card project we have going at the gallery at the moment. We had our first group gathering at the peace festival, and it was a great success. I think I'm going to have to frame them as they are all too beautiful to leave in boxes or albums. More piccies to come soon!

13 comments:

Chris Millar said...

Gosh your work rocks Rett!!!! It's so appealing to me and I just love everything you do!! Your original ideas always surprise and delight me!!

Mel Diener said...

Rett, you are brilliant. These are all so awesome..what a talent.

The I Scrap therefore I am Scrapbooking Club. said...

More art! Congrats on the work for Ruby St - can't wait to see it all.
Petrina.

Ngaire Bartlam said...

and I adore yours too.. please may i post them on my blog????

Love your work darlin.
Ngai
xxx

jilly said...

Rett you leave me speechless (again)!

Lusi Austin said...

Hi Rett!
Your creations are always so stunning! I get so inspired seeing them ;) Thanks xox
Lus x

random thoughts said...

I am in such awe of your work. I don't think it would matter what time of day you created something I reckon it would look amazing no matter what.

So when's your book coming out??????

Bec said...

Gorgeous work here Rett. It is awsome. And congrats on being a glamour girl!!!

susan j said...

OMG Loretta!! I love everything you do!! You are a freakin legend!!

Leanne Stamatellos said...

It's always so wonderful to see oyur layouts and I would love to see them in the flesh again. I look forward to your next visit to brisbane - I hope we can catch up and say hello. Please bring an album - these layouts are just stunning in real life.

I think you are a true Glamour Girl - congratulations - you probably don't get out of bed now for under $10 000, right ?

Leanne Stamatellos

Marieke said...

I'm sitting here staring at the empty comments box for something fitting to say but nothing seems to adequately describe what I want to say. So a cliche it is: YOU ROCK!

suz said...

there's something forever wonderful about your work loretta. wonderfully right. even without photos.
and had to laugh at the ideas at 1am quote. i so get that.
suz

Jenny Boyd said...

Loretta I have always admired your work in the scrapping mags, and have happily stumbled upon your blog. Gorgeous cards and LO's. But what I want most is that stereo!