Thursday, February 22, 2007

procrastination looks like this....

It's late and I have lots of things I should be doing, but thought I would take a break and update here. I don't feel like gathering my thoughts into any kind of cohesiveness, so here goes:

Can't wait to see this book, and meet Kate and Debra in Brisbane when they come to teach at Papercrafts. I was very lucky to be asked to contribute a couple of pages to it.

Lantern making is in full swing here. I ran a workshop for local teachers last week, and will be doing a community one in March. Today I started making tea rose lanterns to decorate the art gallery's tent for the Peace Festival.
I have a dilemma.... The Waifs are coming to QLD in May, but the only way I can get to see them is to go to the Keith Urban concert, as they are the support act. No offence to Keith fans, but I just don't think I can do it. Too late to get a ticket to the Bluesfest to see them, and after last time I decided it was too squishy for me anyway. oh well.... sigh....

Thinking about signing up to food connect for our fruit and veges - anyone use them? They deliver to our local town and the delivery costs are very reasonable. I'm trying to get to a point where I don't have to go to the supermarket regularly. We have our own organic free range beef, milk and eggs. Paddocks full of potatoes, and some veges and fruit in the garden when we actually do the work. We share bulk buys of flour from Kialla with friends, and order lots of other staples (mmm.... organic chocolate....) from Santos. I can get other meats, fish and chicken from local places, and bread from the bakery. I figure then that I'll only have to step into the supermarket to buy some packaged and processed foods which keep for ages, and other non-food items, so in theory I shouldn't have to go very often. I used to like grocery shopping, but it's just no fun anymore.

I need to make piles of ATCs, and stop obsessing over the teensy little sets. Our first local ATC swap is coming up soon, and I have seen some of the works on offer, and want to have plenty of cards to swap.

Love the new cherryArte papers and diecuts, and especially the "Cosmic Energy" line designed by Corinne. Here are a couple of layouts I made with them.



oh, and ignore the date and time on this post - that's when I started writing it! It's 12.30am Sunday night, actually Monday morning. Better go to bed....

9 comments:

Chris Millar said...

I can't wait to get a signed copy of the book from the girls at Papercrafts!!!
What brilliant CA layouts Rett! And love the lantern!

Mel Diener said...

Wow Rett, love that lantern. And of course your gorgeous layouts.

Yay, how exciting is the release of this book, can't wait for a looksie.

lusi said...

Hi Rett :) That book looks so great huh! Love your CA layouts too!!! And that latern - gorgeous :)
Thanks so much for the *visit* the other day - your words meant alot to me!
Lus x

ngaire Bartlam said...

That lantern is to die for!!!!!!!
TOTALLY perfect! :))

and your layouts are as always.. stunning.:)

Peace.
Ngai
xxx

kathie said...

Wow fantastic lantern, Rett!
I also can't wait to see our work in Kate and Deb's book. I think it's going to be awesome!

Princess Lu the Scatterbrained said...

Hi Rett the lantern is gorgeous! Also loving the Cherry Arte stuff - their papers are just the best aren't they?! I'm like you, I'm getting awfully sick of the grocery store when I used to love grocery shopping! I'm not nearly as self sufficient or organised as you though from the sound of it! lol Big wow for contributing to the book too - v.cool to be involved! Take care, cya Lu

Judy said...

CONGRATS ON THE BOOK RETT!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT, YOUR WORK IS VERY INSPIRING.
LURVE THE LATERN - JUST SO PLEASING TO THE EYE.
CYA
JUDY

Carole Janson said...

Hi Loretta, can't wait to see the book, I love your lantern just stunning.

Best Wishes
Carole.

Giovanna Scott said...

Hi Loretta
My sister get fruit n veg from food connect delivered to her work (cos she lives at Mt Glorious) and she swears by them. Top tasting and top value. If they deliver near you I say go for it.