Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pictures

I was too lazy to upload with the last post.
Ignore the day and date - this is another one that's been sitting in drafts for a while - it's Thursday, March 1. Happy Birthday, Addie!
I should be at work, but I'm at home feeling sick :-(
My favourite 11 year old in the whole world, who celebrated his birthday yesterday (layout from the last Scrapbook Creations).
I've been on a quest for a decent bio pic. A quest...lol... think Nic's Runescape addiction is rubbing off on me. This week I needed to send photos for a couple of different things, and what an ordeal! Gave the job to the kids initially, and got some great informal ones from Nic, but most of them were taken while I was getting ready for the photo and looking pretty stupid...

...or while Max was helping...

Ruby had a go, but decided the cat was much more interesting...

(that's Claudia, by the way...)

and my self timer attempts... well, we won't talk about them...


With Pete's help, I finally got a few reasonably decent ones in which hopefully I don't look too pissed off. So if you see a new picture of me anywhere, please be kind - it wasn't easy!

Here are the close ups of the Metamorphosis layout I said I would upload. Still not great, but you can see the glittery bits and the embossing a little better.


Thank you to everyone who left comments below, and thanks to Kirsten from Lismore, who sent me a link to the lantern festival website. We're only 2.5 hours from Lismore, and every year we say we will go the festival, but something else comes up. It is held around the winter solstice, and we are often on holidays in the Northern Rivers then, so this year I've decided, come hell or high water, we're going! What a silly saying, and actually, the high water bit is pretty likely for Lismore. With two sisters who lived there at various times, I've witnessed plenty of floods on the Northern Rivers before. A couple of years ago when we were holidaying in Brunswick Heads in June, they had 28 inches of rain in one week - that's our yearly rainfall here!

Maybe you guys can help me - back in December I registered with Etsy with the view to opening a little store sometime down the track to indulge my other non-scrapbooky arts'n'craft. Anyway, the highly original (or so I thought!) name I came up with was Stella Violet. Sweet, hippy, vintagey kind of name - it was the name I had chosen for Max if he was a girl (although not exactly the name Pete had chosen - just as well he was a boy!). A few weeks later, I read that one of the new Basic Grey lines was Stella Ruby. I guess I could still go with it, but I think it's a bit too similar, so now it's back to the drawing board! Plenty of time, because at the moment I don't have plenty of time to do anything about it, but any ideas for a new name?

4 comments:

Mel Diener said...

Grrrr, don't you hate it when you have the perfect name and someone beats you to it!!!!!

lol @ the photo shoot, hope you got some half decent shots.

ngaire Bartlam said...

Keep the Violet!! that is SO pretty...
what about Bella Violet??

or Violet May?

Or Polly Violet?

or Peaceful Violet?

or... LOLOL
Ngai
x

ngaire Bartlam said...

OOOH just had another thought..

Mabel Violet???

Ngai
xxx

lisa said...

violet crumble lol!
rett's best
loretta violet
3 in a tree (cause you have 3 kids)
love the shots..the self timer ones are just stellar :Dpqlbxzy