Friday, November 03, 2006

If you check out one link today

please make it this one. I'm very privileged to have been asked to be a contributing artist to the Pink Locker Project. Amy and Steph have been working tirelessly on this worthwhile project, and I'm excited about the possibilities of the scrapbooking community coming together to make a difference to other women. Please check out the link to find out more about the fundraising events coming up, and how you can help. There's also a link on the right for the Women for Women International site, the organization we are fundraising for.


Actually, you have time to check out another link don't you? We have a HUGE dare this fortnight over at the How Dare You blog!!! We have combined forces with the effer, speshal and no. 8 wired girls to bring you a big international dare. Very exciting. We'd love for you to join us, and there is a great prize up for grabs. Each participating country contributed part of the dare, so this is how it ended up:
Cover all of the layout
Childhood dreams/memories
Title on the photo
Use paint

This is what I came up with. I've been wanting to use that line from Jack Johnson's Better Together on a layout for a while, as I love that song, and it is where I got the name for my blog:
Our dreams and they are made out of real things, like a shoebox of photographs with sepia toned loving
Funny though, I love the shoebox of photographs bit but I didn't use that part!
The journaling reads:
"I was very lucky to have the childhood I had. Free to dream and never once doubting that those dreams would come true."
It's not so much about making a wish and having it granted. I don't think that life is that simple or easy. But I do feel very lucky to have been brought up with the belief that I can guide the direction that my life takes and work towards making those dreams come true. I know that a lot of children have that belief in themselves taken out of them, and I'm grateful that my parents nurtured it in us. I hope I can do the same for my kids.

5 comments:

_Kine said...

What a beautiful and dreamy layout! I love it :)

Chris Millar said...

Stunning Rett! Your work is always superb!

petamb said...

Wow, your work is amazing..What an inspiration you are!!

Anonymous said...

Love this LO Rett! I haven't checked in on your blo lately, and look at all the eyecandy I have been missing!!

Sally M

Jules said...

Oh that is such a gorgeous creation! Dreamy, sweetly girly and wistful, awesome!

Jules