Thursday, September 28, 2006

Where does the time go?

The days fly by so fast, and before I know it it's been 11 days since my last blog entry (mmm... that sounds a little like a confession!)
And I was being so good for a few days there!

Lots happening here.

Loving the school holidays. The days seem so much longer without all the inconvenience of packing lunches and organising uniforms and getting in the car and such bothers.

Unfortunately the kids are sick - tummy bugs and flu-like symptoms, so some days have been REALLY long as I've been up most of the night as well :-(

I've been trying to find some balance lately, as I came to the realisation that in recent times, because of a particular hobby turned part-time job, I have become a little too indoorsy. So I have been out in the dirt planting veges. We are on a farm and have beautiful soil and good underground water, so it seems more than a little silly to not grow veges and we haven't for a couple of years.

So now we have lettuce, beans, peas, snow peas, carrots, basil, raspberries and sunflowers planted. Next shopping trip will be for strawberry and tomato plants and a passionfruit vine.

Then yesterday this happened.


Isn't it beautiful? I love the rain.


Spare a thought for my friend, who called today to tell me that her twin sister died. She is now packing up her family to fly overseas to her childhood home for the funeral. I can't stop thinking about her.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Glorious images...and I hope your friend is doing OK under the circumstances.

stephdevlin said...

Rett, those images are just beautiful - so calm. so still. I wish life was like that at the moment..... sometimes you just want it all to stop !!
Cherry ARte Promo looks great...... Must be a wonderful DT to be on.
Steph xo