Friday, August 04, 2006

Sesame Munchies

In an effort to save my reputation after that last post, here's a recipe :-)

Sesame Munchies
1 cup coconut
3/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup wholemeal SR flour (it needed more than that - at least an extra 1/2 cup)
1 cup rolled oats

Toast coconut and sesame seeds on a dry baking tray. Mix together the oil, butter, honey and sugar. Add the coconut, sesame seeds, flour and oats. Roll into balls and bake in a moderate oven.

I melt the butter in a big saucepan, and then add all the other ingredients to that.

The first time I made these I left out the oil and used all butter instead, and the second time I used a coconut oil and butter mixture, which was yummy. We buy bulk organic coconut, spelt flour, sesame seeds and rapadura sugar (unrefined sugar) from Santos trading, so I can make recipes like these and imagine they're healthy.


And so we will be well on our way to becoming domestic goddesses, here are some more of Amanda Keller's handy hints:

If you're bothered by bad smells from your oven, why not cook something that smells nice for a change?

Cleaning windows is hard work. Make it easier on yourself by covering your windows with plastic wrap. When they get dirty, just peel it off.

5 comments:

Alison Shearer said...

I LOVE Amanada Keller - what a smart woman - thanks for passing on those great tips - they will really help me!!

Alison

Ruthy said...

Hi ya matey, Sounds like your still going pretty busy with Scrappin. Hope your back gets better real soon, very hard to think creative when in pain that's for sure. Thanks for tagging me Loretta, I've actually done that one earlier this year so I might sit this one out hope you don't mind. Great to read everyone's answers though. Take care matey!
Ruthy x

Roz said...

LOL @ Amanda Keller!!

Thanks for the reminder about Santos- we're only 45 mins from byron, so I'll have to go and checkout the products IRL and order online!

Carole Janson said...

Oh Rett, they sound wonderful, I am sick with a cold at the moment, but honestly I can taste them. YUMMMM

Carole.

Elizabeth M said...

They sound so yummy!!! Will have to give them a whirl! Do you flatten them or leave them in balls? (or do they melt flat) I'm not a biscuit goddess can you tell? lol