Sunday, August 06, 2006

Is this weird or what?

I got a glimpse of this layout as I was scrolling down my blog the other day, and if I believed in that kind of thing, I would say that I manifested the pain in my hip and left side by creating that page. I even went back and checked the date and the pain started only a few days after I made the layout. Weird, huh? Just looking at that crooked line hurts!

*Warning* - wallowing-in-self-pity-big-whinge-ahead. I have had a horrible weekend. I had a big day at the kids' sports day on Friday, but I was feeling surprisingly good. Then on Friday night I turned the wrong way which resulted in me being barely able to move and experiencing awful spasms of pain all night. I took the day off work on Saturday and went to the chiropractor, who said that I have a twisted hip. It's going to take at least 6 wks to improve :-(

Last night I couldn't move and we were thinking we would have to call an ambulance, but I gradually got some movement back and found a comfy place on the recliner chair in the loungeroom, where I stayed all night and actually had the best night's sleep I have had for a long time.

I've done nothing all weekend but watch TV and DVDs. I enjoyed The Terminal last night, and today I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which I have seen a few times before. Love that film - it's weird and wonderful and makes me feel better. I haven't felt much like eating, so it was like a comfort food substitute.

So tomorrow I'm off to the chiropractor again. And the doctor, where as much as I hate to do it, I will be requesting painkillers. And then I will be making another layout of my back. With a powerful, straight spine.

10 comments:

amberjane said...

Ooh Rett hun that sounds awful ((((hugs))) Hope you feel better soon !!

Roz said...

oh ya poor thing :o( I hope you get some relief and improvement soon

Peta said...

ouch ouch ouch - hope that it takes less then six weeks!!! I have to see Eternal Sunrise.. always mean to watch it but never get around to it LOL. Might stop by the video store this afternoon! :)

lusi said...

Thinking of you Rett ((((Hugs))))
Hope you feel better very soon!
Lus x

Elizabeth M said...

Oh bugger!!! Accupunture is really good if you end up with no relief from the chiro... hope it doesn't take 6 weeks though!!

susan j said...

I agree with Elizabeth! BUGGER!! I'm sorry but you made me laugh with the whole STRAIGHT spine LO comment!! Is that EVIL of me? It was meant to be taking the p*** out of yourself wasn't it?

Rachelle said...

been thinking about you girl!
((hugs)) hope you feel better
soon!

lusi said...

Hey Rett...feeling any better? Thinking of you tonight!
Lus x

Chris Millar said...

Hi Loretta! You sound in a bad way you poor thing! Hope you feel better soon!

Alison Shearer said...

Bad backs are awful, having suffered myself I really sympathise. I've tried acupuncture too and it was great.

Alison