Sunday, August 20, 2006

Apparently

I use the word apparently too much. This came to my attention when Max, who ran in the preschool race at his sports day, came third. He was so excited, and said something along the lines of, "Mummy!!! I'm really fast! I beat the girl person, and apparently that means I'm really fast!!"

Update on my back - latest diagnosis is a ruptured disc, pressing on the sciatic nerve. I have exercises to do, and it's improved a lot, and I'm catching up on sleep and scrapping, and could be catching up on house cleaning if I cared enough, and I'm just generally feeling good about being able to move normally again without too much pain. Yay!

Um, ok, that was a pretty boring post. Felt the need to update, but feeling lazy :-P
Promise to be more interesting next time.

I missed this quote when I was typing the last post. I need to remember this one, as there is never a boring moment around here!

The more BORING a child is, the more the parents,
when showing off the child, receive adulation for
being GOOD PARENTS -- because they have a TAME
CHILD-CREATURE in their house. ~Frank Zappa

10 comments:

kathie said...

That sounds painful, Rett. DH gets sciatica and it's not nice. I hope that it continues to improve and, in the meantime, acts as a nice excuse not to have to do housework ;). I love the plastic thingy off the bottom of the iron too. Grrr to pointless housework that just needs to be done all over again once you've finished.
Kathie

vivian said...

good to hear you're feeling a bit better rett!

Angela said...

i am suffering here with you! i have a ruptured disc thingy too! lucky i was already a regular at the physio so we have been working on it for a week now...so good to be able to stand up without bending over! LOL!
I love that quote too!

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I feel for you Rett. I battle back pain too :(

Sally M

Ruthy said...

Matey sorry to hear your still in pain with that back of yours I remember what Julie was like with hers. I pray you find relief soon. If you would like a help with some 'house things' I'd be happy to give you a hand. I know it can be hard to accept help sometimes but we all need a hand up sometimes. In any case I'm thinking of you.
Ruthy x

susan j said...

You poor thing!! A ruptured disc!! How does that happen? Does it just repair itself? This is 20 questions!! Sorry Rett. Glad you feel a bit better though.

steph devlin said...

Rett, Sciatica sucks. My hubby had sciatica problems and went to hell and back. Mind you it has totally dissapeared now, and it has been 5 years. So there is light at the end of the tunnel. SO sorry to hear about those horrid problems. Get well soon honey. Steph xo

charleigh said...

glad you're feeling a bit better rett! i've heard great things about vit. C - magnesium is also worth a try. love your story about max! i found out in a similar way that i say "actually" alot! :)

Carole Janson said...

HI Rett, I am pleased your back is getting a little better. I know what you mean, housework or Scrap ummmm I know what I pick everytime LOL !!

Carole.

susan j said...

Hey Loretta
Hope you are all betta
and that your sciatica
is not too dramatica
OK so can you tell
I am bored as hell
I'm sitting here at work
looking like a clerk
but really pushing pills
to all those peeps with their ills
OK well that's enough
I will now SHUT UP!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist as you already think I'm crazy as a loon anyway!! Hey, at least you can laugh at it.