Friday, July 07, 2006

Indulgences

Music is my big indulgence right now. I'm not much into shopping for clothes or jewelry or homewares, but I can't resist a new CD. Downloading the music just isn't quite the same for me - if I really love it, I have to have the actual CD, then I'll copy it to the MP3 or minidisc (most people say huh? when I say minidisc - please tell me I'm not the only dorky minidisc owner here!) The other thing I have been indulging in more as the kids get older is seeing my favourite artists live. It can be a little more difficult because of where we live, but in the last couple of years I've made a real effort to get to my favourites and it's always worth it.
Here's a little Maya Rd chipboard album I decorated using the photos and memorabilia from concerts I've been to recently. Used the new cherryArte East of India line - such beautiful papers! Still have a page to make from the Missy Higgins/Ben Lee Brisbane concert last year, and I have kept a couple of pages at the end in the hope that I'll fill them before the end of the year :-)







I'm loving these Prima tissue flowers - no project is safe from them at the moment! And thanks again Rachelle for the BG rub-ons that I used on the cover :-)

16 comments:

Robyn W said...

U are very clever Rett, love it

lusi said...

WoWo! This is FABULOUS Rett...as per usual with your stuff...love it all!
Lus x

lisavc said...

what a beautiful album, just a gorgeous little thing to have..loved the 'too many drunks' comment!

Elizabeth M said...

Gorgeous Rett!! Wonderful way to store the memories :))

missquiss said...

wow! that project blows me away!

susan j said...

LOVE the little mini album Loretta. Those flowers are too cool. Maybe I need to get some? You have been to some great concerts too.

Katja said...

great little album! love the theme too :)

domestic goddess said...

OMG this is stunning, just seen a link to your blog on AJ's, off to have a good look at your work
hugs

Donna said...

Wow, Rett! This is too good...love it.

Steph Caskey Devlin said...

Rett, just love this little album its so eclectic....and those little tissue paper flowers....sooo gorgeous and dainty....just might have to get myself some of those......
Steph xx

Peta said...

okay totaly jealous - I've never been to a concert!! LOL - love music though.... and jealous casue you got to see James Blunt AND Ben Lee [love love love Ben Lee hehe].

The album looks brilliant!! Soon as I saw the ticket for the waifs I didn't even have to look at the *where* recognised it straight away a toowoomba ticket LOL - I've got one of those but it was to go see Paul McDermot! :)

Mel Diener said...

This album is gorgeous. Huge congrats on the SR DT..WTG!!!

Carole Janson said...

Wow Rett, I love the little book, it is just so gorgeous, and I am not big on the shopping front either, since I have had DS Chaise, can't be bothered, maybe not good, but thats how I feel.

Have a great week Rett.

Carole.

Alison Shearer said...

This is stunning. I really love how you have made such great use of the little spaces on this album.

Alison

Lydell Quin said...

I have seen these flower mini album's but they are so much more appealing now I have seen this one! Looks great! Can't wait to see more of your Aussie Dares LO's. I poured through your album at GC ISC, and loved it.

Jaimie said...

beautiful album Rett.

gorgeous :o)