Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Old Photos

I'm very lucky to have grown up in a family who placed a lot of importance on taking photos. We have some beautiful photos, and lately I've been enjoying going through Mum and Dad's albums and scanning pictures to scrap. Lots of the early ones are on slides and when I was a kid we used to have slide nights every now and then, and view them on the loungeroom wall. Then there was a brief period in the 70's where something went bad with the photo developing and everything has turned yellow and brown (but then again, it was the 70's, maybe everything really was yellow and brown ;-)), and the brief polaroid phase hasn't survived the years too well, but there are still plenty of good ones to choose from.
I love this picture of my two older sisters - aren't they cute? I have three sisters - 2 older and 1 younger, and they all have beautiful curly hair. Mine is as straight as straight - not fair!

I used the new cherryArte Tropics line again for this one - these papers make me so happy, such gorgeous colours! I have had a bit of an obsession with leaves on my layouts lately (as you can probably tell!), and I was so excited that I could cut the Lime Zigzag paper to make the perfect leaves. Yes, it doesn't take much to excite me, I know..lol..

Another old photo layout I did recently is this one, for Blue Bazaar. This is my parents on their honeymoon in the early 60's - aren't they a gorgeous couple? You have to imagine this layout with the soundtrack of Frank Sinatra singing Cole Porter's "Night and Day" :-)

9 comments:

Angela said...

Awesome layouts Loretta! I love the way your work just flows across the page.

Peta said...

Ohh I so have to get me some of that cherry arte - everytime I look at your stuff I want to pull out the paper supplies and have a play LOL!!

kathie said...

You know I'm a total sucker for beautiful old photos, so I was bound to love these LOs :). And I do.
Kathie

Rachelle said...

i love old photos too. i'm so glad my grandma collected so many of our family because i have all of them now. :) beautiful work as always Rett!!

Leanne Stamatellos said...

just gorgeous, loretta

love the one with your sisters - don't those papers work so beautifully with the b&w images !

those leaves look great !

Ange Warren said...

You are such a clever little....well you know what I mean. I just love these LO's and can't wait to get my hands on some of those Cherry Arte papers.

lusi said...

OMGosh! These are soooo stunning Loretta!And you are right...I could hear Sinatra playing in the background looking at snaps of your mum and dad on their honeymoon...so lovely!
Lus x

viv said...

you work magic with your scissors and pp! simply stunning!

Anonymous said...

*Giggling* about your leaf obsession! Love these LO's Rett.