Sunday, June 04, 2006

I am willing...

I am willing to change what doesn’t work for me in my life.
I am willing to listen with an open heart, without judging.
I am willing to plant seeds that take a long time, if ever, to grow.
I am willing to feel and let go.
I am willing to make mistakes and learn from them.
I am willing to live in the present.
I am willing to forgive and forget in my heart.
I am willing to love as much as my endless spirit will allow.
I am willing to be seen in all my radiance.
I am willing to be fearless.

I am willing to be powerful.
I am willing to be peaceful.
I am willing to stand tall. and walk gracefully.
I am willing to sing with my stunning, full voice.
I am willing to allow. I am willing to let go.
I am willing to change.
I am willing to see and be seen.
I am willing to hear and be heard.
I am willing to feel and be felt.
I am willing to heal and be healed.
I am willing to love and be loved.

I am willing to change what doesn’t work for me in my life.
I am willing to listen with an open heart, without judging.
I am willing to plant seeds that take a long time, if ever, to grow.
I am willing to feel and let go.
I am willing to make mistakes and learn from them.
I am willing to live in the present.
I am willing to forgive and forget in my heart.
I am willing to love as much as my endless spirit will allow.
I am willing to be seen in all my radiance.
I am willing to allow. I am willing to let go..
I am willing to be fully human.
© Margaret Dubay Mikus

I found this at Kelly Angard's blog, and I believe she found it at another blog. Anyway, thanks Kelly :-) If you haven't checked out Kelly's blog before - go now! Well, finish reading this first ;-)

I started her "Creating without fear" challenge several weeks ago with this layout, and although life got in the way with the convention and stuff, I have been reading each week's steps, and hope to find time to do the exercises soon. It was very freeing to create something ugly. It's not the nicest photo, and my pointy nose and chipboard eyebrows make me look like that American Eagle muppet. I listed the fears I believe hold me back when I am creating.

afraid of...
creating something big
trusting someone else with my dreams
sharing too much of myself
worrying what other people think
being predictable
being misunderstood
becoming too comfortable in my niche
too much order, not enough chaos
too much chaos

It's an 8x8 layout - that picture would be way too scary in 12x12!

Love this quote from Brian Andreas:
"I wish I knew what this means but I wish that about a lot of things so mostly I enjoy not knowing."

3 comments:

susan j said...

OMG, I LOVE it Loretta and I LOVE Kelly's blog. I had to add it to my list of favs.

janinek said...

Wow, I have only just found your blog and.....YAY! I love how arty your work is, it challenges me to step out of my conservative style and try new things.
As far as your superstitions preventing you from entering the big comps...well you certainly haven't been held back by that! True talent can't be hidden!

lisavc said...

it may be a scary photo to you but i think it's beautiful. to me the chipboard eyebrows are reminiscent of goddess type paintings. it's stunning rett.