Wednesday, May 31, 2006

In case you haven't heard

Creating Keepsakes has been promoting its online gallery lately, and offering some incentives for people to post their work there. A few weeks ago on the CK blog, Erin Lincoln mentioned that they would be picking the next fresh face layout from the gallery, and they have started a "Page of the Day" feature. CK editor Tracy White goes through the gallery regularly and has picked up pages for publication that way.
So I thought - why not? I always intend to submit layouts to CK, but never get around to it. So I found some pages that haven't been picked up for publication and uploaded them.

Anyway, I got back from ISC to find an email from Kelly Goree, from the cherryArte DT, telling me that one of my pages had been chosen as one of the pages of the day the previous week on Erin Lincoln's blog! And to my surprise - this was the one she picked. I did this page in no time at all one night while half watching a movie on TV. I think it might have been Love Actually. Maybe I should rent it again, and see if it works a second time ;-)

Couldn't decide if I loved it or hated it when it was finished, and I used a whole packet of those cheap crystal epoxy stickers you can buy at Big W. I love those things. I haven't even shown the page to my mum yet, because I thought it was just a bit too over the top.

Just goes to show that you never can tell what people will like!

And then a couple of days ago, one of Kelly's beautiful cherryArte layouts was POTD! Congratulations Kelly :-)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

If you can do this watching tv, I believe you can do anything. Gorgeous layout.

viv said...

this page is great! no wonder it got picked! :o)

lisavc said...

congratulations!!

Ngaire Bartlam said...

I ADORE this layout girl!! WOWEEEEEE!!!
Ngai
xxx